You can exhale... you found it. You are here!
We are going to laugh, be brave, fall on our face and then offer ourselves (and each other) grace.
Girl, this life is messy and the more you learn to embrace the ride, the more vibrant life becomes.
That's me over there. I'm a homeschool, work from home, mom in her mid(?) forties.
I'm learning to be who God created me to be with more bravery and grace every day.
I'm learning that it is okay to be bold, brave and like unicorns and silly fads.
I'm learning that my greatest joy is positively effecting and empowering others to be who they were designed to be and do what they were put here on earth to do.
Things you will find me doing:
- Cheering you on!
- Telling you how fabulous I think you are!
- Being blunt.
- Talking on the phone.
- Having the hard conversations.
- Wearing pajama pants every second that I can.
- Taking afternoon naps because I CAN ( I used to have to take them) 😮
- Supporting my friends who do amazing things like go on mission trips and run marathons.
- Snuggling my cat Charlie and posting WAY too many pictures of him on the internet.
- Watching WAY TOO MUCH TV and YouTube.
- Jamming to Broadway tunes in my car.
Things you will not find me doing:
- Deep cleaning the house. (My friend Georgia said this was a LIE and my house is cleaner than I think. Just keepin' it real y'all.)
- Expertly decorating my house. (She however DID NOT say that this was a lie.)
- Taking baths. #showersalltheway
- Exercising in the rain, cold, heat, snow.
- Watching anything scary, violent or dramatic.
- Going on anything high.
- Bring anything homemade to a potluck.
- Sleep without a fan.
- Be the first one in on any clothing trend.
- Underpack. For anything.
Life is WAY too short to not make the most of it and to take it too seriously.
I want to look back on life and say, "YES! I am so freakin' proud of who I was, what I did and DANG did I have fun doing it!"
But who "am" I?
I married my southern knight in shining armor.
I'm a rowdy
I'm a proud
Civil Air Patrol mom.
Professionally, I've done everything from nanny, to plan weddings, to run my own media company that strategically ran live social media event coverage for corporate local events. The highlight for me was speaking on large stages across the country about the valuable use of social media in conjunction with search engine optimization to boost the presence of your website and brand.
Although, I did all those things well, nothing felt quite right.
There is no way I would have ever imagined that by me running that very media company, I would throw myself into a health crisis, causing me to leave all that behind. After years of working on the pieces to the puzzle that was my health mystery, I am close to putting my autoimmune disease into remission.
So here we are. You and I. We are going to live life together forgetting the "should" and focusing on taking charge so you can live the life that YOU want to live.
For I believe this to be true. God and the universe are happy to help you live your best life.
If you ask, believe in it, and do the work, you will receive everything that your wildest dreams could ever imagine and beyond!
Ready for a wild ride? C'mon, let's do this!